Thursday, May 17, 2012

April-May

We celebrated Brooke's 5th birthday at my parents with my sisters and families, and my grandparents.  It was beautiful and we enjoyed time outside, played cards, and visited.  The next weekend we had Easter at Dan and Kim's and also celebrated birthdays for Jenae, Cooper, and Brooke.  The kids had a great time playing together and the weather was wonderful.  We have been so blessed this spring. 
For Brooke's birthday I attempted to make Kumla ? not sure on how to spell that.  Let's just say I have a lot of learning to do!  It was definitely entertaining.  She is sure growing up too fast, and very special to us.  I don't know what we would do without our "Brookie."  Allyx and Jace got to enjoy the ride for April,and enjoyed seeing and playing with everyone as well.

At the beginning of May we branded calves.  It was a rather hot day, but everything worked out well.  Allyx kept asking: "will they get me", and we kept reassuring her no they are on the other side of the fence.   Tyson, Cooper, Kellen, Brooke, Allyx, and Riley all got to ride in the pickup with Grandma and loved it. 

We had my Grandma Mestl's 80th birthday party at Franzluebbers.  It was a great night.  We played a silly golf game the family made up, had great food, and lots of fun watching the kids play.  I always thought having a lot of cousins growing up was fun, and now it is fun watching my kids play with their cousins as well. 

Mother's Day we met Dusty's family at the L Bar B in Clearwater. The food was great, and afterwards we went to the park to let the kids play.  It was a beautiful evening.  

The school year went fast, but now I guess we will adjust into our summer routine :) We are anxiously awaiting our move to town.  A month from now it will probably not seem chaotic at all, but I have a feeling the next few weeks will have a different story. 


Jace is 6 months old!

My chefs busy at work.


Cooper, Brooke, and Jenae

Grandma & Grandpa Mestl, Grandma Troyer & Jace

Brooke blowing out her candles on her actual birthday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment